San Felice Il Grigio Chianti Classico Reserva 2015

£12.50

San Felice Il Grigio Chianti Classico Riserva 2015
DOCG Chianti Classico
Il Grigio is made from a selection of the best Sangiovese grapes from the Chianti Classico vineyards on the San Felice estate near Siena. The vineyards are at 350/400 m altitude, with mostly limestone and loam soils.
There is a traditional approach to oak ageing with 80% of the wine matured in Slavonian oak botte 18-24 months, while a modern touch results in the remaining 20% being aged in French oak barriques. The wine then spent six months in bottle before being released.

There is red cherry and blackberry on the nose with hints of tobacco. It is velvety with black cherry and damsons on the palate. Lush and complex!

Categories: ,

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “San Felice Il Grigio Chianti Classico Reserva 2015”